“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Jul 9, 2010

And the long and short of it is....

....this is a crazy time of year! And, with everything that has happened lately, it's only crazier!!

It started two weeks ago today. We were supposed to have three of the interns from the NCFIC confernce stay at our house for the weekend. So, I was up in Jessie's room helping her get the beds made, and I flopped over on one of the beds and said, "Man, I'm really tired." When I tried to sit back up, there was such an intense pain in my mid back on the left side that I was paralyzed. I started crying and could barely make it down the stairs. After about an hour of intense pain, we set out for the hospital. It hurt so bad that the bouncing of the truck felt like torture. I have never been in so much pain...and I've been hurt, too. I've broken arms, flipped head first off horses and sprained my back and neck, had my toenails ripped off, etc. But this was awful. So, after IVs, drawing blood, and chest x-rays, they determined I had pnuemonia in my left lung. Yeah...pnuemonia in June. Crazy! But, the doc said it was bacterial and attacks random people. If anyone had walked into the hospital, they probably wouldn't have recognized me. I had an IV in one arm, hospital bands on the other arm, and I was shaking and my teeth were chattering from pain. Sooooo, they gave me a lot of morphine that night (which made me really crazy), and sent me home on pain killers, antibiotics, and steroids.

On Tuesday, they called and said I had a bacteria called mycoplasma or walking pnuemonia that was more serious than they originally thought, so back to the doctor for stronger antibiotics. I had been doing really well, and then last weekend, I took a turn for the worse. A couple days ago (Monday), I had a really high fever again, and was really weak. They think I may have Valley Fever, also. AUGH!!!

So, I am doing pretty good right now, and I think it will be kind of up and down for the next undetermined length of time. Frustrating!

I don't know how much I will be posting due to having three litters of puppies, bird babies, and more! Enjoying summer....

Lisa :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...Lisa! I'm sorry you've been so sick. We will continue praying for you!
    Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Lisa so sorry to hear you only got worse! :/ Ill be praying for you.
    Micah has a case of some kind of nasty junk right now, related to his coxi.(VF) But, is on the mend.
    Summer definitely is a busy time of year!
    Get better!

    ~Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lis....... How's everyone feeling out there in AZ? How are you doing??? Better? We haven't heard from you but we know it is a busy time of the year.......

    God bless~Jacob for the G's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are getting easier! I am feeling 100% normal again, and we are almost done with baby season. Thank you so much for asking!

    I'll try to be on here more...we are all doing great. Just VERY hot :(

    ReplyDelete