“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Jun 5, 2011

Fire Dangers!!!

Exciting news for us is that our season of raising baby birds is almost over! It is a TON of work, but it helps with the income and the people who buy the babies are so sweet.





Usually when we are done with birds, we take a trip up to my grandparent's cabin in Greer at some point in the later months of the year. This year, I don't think that will happen. I don't know if you have heard about the huge fires going on up north. The latest news was that the fire was moving at 6 miles per day and is 8 miles away from Greer...and my grandparent's cabin. If the cabin burned down, I would just CRY!!! We have been going up there since I was born and it is one of the most beautiful and enjoyable places I have ever been. Actually, let me re-phrase that. It IS the most beautiful and enjoyable place I have ever been. Here is a picture of the cabin before the fire came...note the CLEAR blue sky.




And here is the view from the front porch yesterday. That is NOT a cloud, that is all smoke!!!!



If you could please pray that Greer would be protected, it would be very much appreciated. They have evacuated Greer, Alpine, and all surrounding towns. My grandparent's were up there along with my aunt and uncle and the sherriff came at 1:30 AM and told them that they needed to leave. It is very scarey and sad.

2 comments: