“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Apr 3, 2012

Celebration Of Music

Last weekend, I was in a piano competition called Celebration Of Music. Basically, you perform two contrasting pieces in front of an audience, but in the front row, there are 3 judges sitting there taking notes and deciding how well you played. Then, the top 5-6 are awarded, and they get asked back to play on the honors recital the next day.

There are so many really good kids, and this competition is so stiff...this is the fourth year that I have competed in this competition, and I've never placed...until now!!! They gave me a Superior last Saturday, and I was blown away - and very happy :D

Music is such an amazing example of God's creation - it's complexity, emotion, and mathematical preciseness never cease to amaze me. I love music so much, and I am so blessed to be able to play the piano!!

Last weekend, I played Haydn's Sonata No 52 Hob: XVI 52 in Eb Major, and Brahms' Intermezzo in A Major Op 118 No 2. They asked me to play the Intermezzo on the Honors Recital which I was delighted about...I am so in love with Brahms right now!!

Here is a video of the honors recital. This piece is absolutely SO beautiful, and one of my most favorite pieces I've ever played. Honestly, it is not the kind of piece I expected that I would like so much because normally I like the dramatic, flashy pieces, and this piece is sheer beauty. But I fell head over heels in love with it. There are some really gorgeous moments in it, and in my opinion, what happens at 1:48 (and again at 4:55) is almost the most beautiful moment ever written. I also love from 3:23 on.

Enjoy!




Here is a picture from the competition...and then when we got home, Anna took some real quick pictures of me, and I think they turned out really good. She's really learning how to work the camera!!!







Okay guys...tell me what you think of this one. Do you like the "haze" from the setting sun? Distracting? Add to the picture? What do you think??





4 comments:

  1. You sounded so good at the competition, and the only way I could get good pictures was because you are so pretty :-)

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You sounded so good at the competition, and the only reason I could get good pictures of you is because you are so pretty :-)

      BTW, I think the haze adds!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That piece is so pretty. It's amazing how gorgeous music can sound! I love the 7th picture of you and I think the haze makes the picture complete. :)

    ReplyDelete