“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Apr 10, 2012

I've been tagged! Now you're "it" :D

There's a game of internet tag going on, and Jordanna tagged me! In response, I tag:

Sadie F
BushMaid
Amy P
Savannah
Justin
Jacob

Rules of the game:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself. (Though this can be optional.)
3. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you ask to answer.
5. Go to their blog and let them know you've tagged them.  


11 Random things about me:

1. My right ankle cracks every time I take a step
2. I love cameras and photography (obviously if you look around my blog) :P
3. There's this recliner in our living room that I have claimed as "My Chair" and I am very protective of it :D
4. I've never seen the ocean...and I'm a little scared to honestly
5. I own more animals than I have family members
6. I have a horse that's going to have a baby in the next 24 hours
7. I get a migraine whenever I eat white sugar...I had a bowl of ice cream earlier and so guess what's happening tomorrow... LOL
8. I have a photographic memory
9. I have no biological brothers, but I have 3 adopted brothers
10. I've been called an "extremist"...kind of an "all or nothing" person
11. Since I've grown up around people wearing Wranglers, I didn't even know what "skinny jeans" were until I met a guy at church who wears them. When I found out that guys wore them.....yeah :P Guys are supposed to wear Wranglers.


Jordanna asked:  


1. How many houses have you lived in?
Two. We moved into the house we're in now when I was 2 years old.
2. Would you rather fly or drive?
Depends on if I'm going overseas or not :D
3. Science or Math?
Man, that's hard! Those are my two favorites!! If I had to say, probably science.
4. If you could choose one book, other than your Bible, to take with you anywhere, what would it be?
This is sooo totally not a fair question. I would take a library! :P If I had to pick one, it would depend on the day that you asked me. Right now, I'm really liking Christy by Catherine Marshall
5. What do you think about keeping rats as pets?
Never understood it, and I'd never own one.
6. What is your favorite meal?
Something mexican...enchiladas, chimichangas, fajitas...mmmmm
7. Do you have a favorite era of history? If so, what is it?
Yep! Mid 19th century. Civil war in the east and cowboys in the west :D
8. Tea with the ladies or Shooting with the men?
Shooting with the men!! (believe it or not)
9. Do you have a favorite section of Scripture?
Weeelll...how 'bout the section between Genesis 1:1 and Revelations 22:21?? Haha
Probably the book of Genesis or Psalm 139
10. Would you rather fix something or buy a new one?
Fix it! With hay string and duct tape...and occasionally some wire and/or pliers
11. What is the next skill you plan on learning?
BBAF (back button auto focusing)....more photography skills :D


Here are my 11 random questions for the lucky ones I've chosen to tag!

1. Would you rather own a horse or a toucan?
2. What color is your toothbrush?
3. How many dogs have you owned in your life?
4. Do you snore?
5. What is your least favorite household chore?
6. When was the last time you cried? And why?
7. Are most of your t-shirts bright colored, dark colored, neutral colors, or light colored?
8. What kind of truck...Ford, Dodge, or Chevy? (notice Toyota wasn't even an option)
9. What is the desktop background on your computer?
10. What color are your PJ's?
11. What is your top pet peeve?


Enjoy! This was a lot of fun!

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, your questions were way better than mine! Thanks! That was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...have you checked out David's?!?!? Now *that's* good!

      Thanks though :D

      Delete
    2. Yes it was! Did you read Perry's? This was soo much fun! Problem is, I got tagged again. Haha, oops!

      Delete
  2. Hey Lisa!!

    Thanks for thinking of me with the tag - it looks like a lot of fun!! :) I'll have to let you know that my parents aren't really into the whole tag or chain letter things - probably because it was more of an inconvenience when us kids were younger (we'd get a lot of them!!) and its kind of just become a family thing we don't do. So I won't be able to participate on our blog. I do appreciate the thought though and I hope you understand!! :) I can answer your questions here though - hopefully that's not a problem!!

    11 Random things - that's a challenge!!

    1. Writing a paper makes me extremely nervous, but I love to write poetry!
    2. I'm not a picky eater and will try pretty much anything. I don't like eggs though!! (unfortunately that's what we're having for dinner! :( )
    3. I just ate Haggis for the first time last weekend and LOVED it!! :)
    4. I'm terrible at reading maps (something I need to work on!), but I love GPS.
    5. Lord willing when I get married someday I want a lime green and hot pink kitchen. :)
    6. I had a goose for a pet once that would come when I called it, eat out of my hand, and follow me around.
    7. I think I could stand mice (obviously I'd figure out a way to get rid of them though), but I CAN'T stand spiders!!
    8. I'm very much a perfectionist (I like things to be neat and orderly) and don't like to have projects half done (or a list left to do!), so I generally push myself too hard to accomplish it. :) Thankfully I've gotten a lot better though. With my POTS, I simply can't do "it all" anymore - physically it doesn't work. Its been very frustrating (you can imagine!), but I'm very thankful for what the Lord has taught me and helped me by my having to rely on Him. (I'm still very much learning though!!) I also worry too much about germs (like public restrooms etc.)... it's kind of a family thing but I'm the extreme version. :) I've gotten a LOT better (thankfully!!). After being over here, I will never complain about restrooms back home again!! :)
    9. Rarely I'll do ketchup, but I prefer BBQ sauce for fries and BBQ sauce with tortilla chips is the best!! :)
    10. I don't like to garden and I'm terrible with plants.
    11. I tend to be very adventurous and I've been told that I'm spunky - I'm not sure that's a good thing...
    12. - I'll add a couple extra for good measure :) - I LOVE thunderstorms!!! My family calls me their weather girl and I'm generally pretty busy during storm season (which is my favorite time of year!!). I sleep with the weather radio and have the radar screen easy to get to. I went storm chasing with my father and one sister last year and we saw a funnel cloud!! It was great although I had hoped for a tornado :) I can't believe I'm going to miss storm season this year!! One of my favorite verses is Nahum 1:3.
    13. I love to memorize books of the Bible.

    Had to do this in a couple of parts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next part:

    Answers to your questions!!


    1. Would you rather own a horse or a toucan?
    ~ A horse definitely!! Although a toucan might be fun. I love our mini and think it would be great to get more, but I've also always wanted a horse that I can ride. :)
    2. What color is your toothbrush?
    ~ Lime green :)
    3. How many dogs have you owned in your life?
    ~ Four
    4. Do you snore?
    ~ Not that I know of (sharing a room with my sisters they probably would have told me by now!), but I drool when I sleep - no idea why!! I think I sleep with my mouth open like my grandmother did, so maybe it's a family thing.
    5. What is your least favorite household chore?
    ~ Polishing wood - I don't like the grease on my hands!!
    6. When was the last time you cried? And why?
    ~ You had to ask this question. :) Last weekend. I was saddened over something that could have gone much better and a grave disappointment all wrapped up in one. It's hard when something you think of/look forward to doesn't work out the way you had hoped. It all worked out though...
    7. Are most of your t-shirts bright colored, dark colored, neutral colors, or light colored?
    ~ Mainly neutral probably, although some bright which are my favorite!!
    8. What kind of truck...Ford, Dodge, or Chevy? (notice Toyota wasn't even an option)
    ~ I would love to have a truck, but I honestly don't know. I could never understand the debate. Then again no one ever explained it to me - maybe you can?!! :)
    9. What is the desktop background on your computer?
    ~ "my" computer is mainly my phone and I change the screen a lot. Daddy thinks it's funny because every time he borrows my phone it normally has a different picture on it. My current screen is of a blue sky with puffy white clouds with a big cloud in the middle shaped like a heart. I got it off another family's blog and the picture was just taken on a normal day. It's a reminder to see God's love all around us - even in "small" things that can really mean so much!! I've really been encouraged by that picture and have really enjoyed it.
    10. What color are your PJ's?
    ~ Slightly embarrassing... I don't normally discuss PJ's - haha!! I have Hello Kitty ones though (both summer and winter) that are my favorites. :) I've liked Hello Kitty ever since I was a little girl and we lived in Japan!!
    11. What is your top pet peeve?
    ~People chewing with their mouth open or hearing them chew chips. Equally as bad is people not picking up after themselves!!

    I have a few questions for you...

    1. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? (you can tell me in your next letter if you want - I wouldn't post mine online :)
    2. Do you like unusual or common names?
    3. Do you like to have a schedule and if so, do you have a hard time keeping it? If so is that frustrating to you?
    4. How has the Lord tested your faith and how have you learned to trust Him and leave everything in His hands?
    5. Are you allergic to anything (other than sugar)?
    6. What is your favorite game?
    7. Have you ever had stitches, a cast, etc. and if so why?
    8. Are you shy around new people or do you try to make them fit in - or a little bit of both?
    9. What's your favorite color and has it always been the same?
    10. What is the most unusual thing about yourself that you can thing of?
    11. Yikes! I'm running out of ideas!!! It was actually easier to think of my own then what to ask you - haha!!
    Last one: What is one thing that you are the most thankful for today?

    I hope that's good and makes up for not participating "all" of the way!! I'm so sorry I've not written you!!! I think of you all the time though and hopefully you got my postcard? I'm going to try to email you back later. Hope your horse's baby is doing well and everything with the birth etc.!!

    Much love and I'm so thankful for you!!

    ~ Savannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is totally fine about not being able to do it on your blog. This works just as well :D I loved your random things...lime green and hot pink kitchen huh? Unique!!

      Here's my answers to your questions...


      1. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? (you can tell me in your next letter if you want - I wouldn't post mine online :)
      ---Well, I do embarrassing things a lot and it's always in front of people, so it's not that big of a deal if they show up on my blog. Hmm...most embarrassing. Probably falling off my horse at a show in the last class of the day after I had won every other class that day. Or the other day, I completely fell down the stairs in our kitchen right in front of my "adopted" little brother (Josiah) who LOVES to see me do things like that and I HATE for him to see them :P

      2. Do you like unusual or common names?
      ---DEFINITELY unusual :D

      3. Do you like to have a schedule and if so, do you have a hard time keeping it? If so is that frustrating to you?
      ---Schedules are very reassuring to me. Now whether or not I can keep them depends on how busy we are and what baby animals we have coming. And yes, it is frustrating to not keep it.

      4. How has the Lord tested your faith and how have you learned to trust Him and leave everything in His hands?
      ---By having a very, very rough year last year. We lost multiple different animals to very tragic deaths, and I learned that asking "why" doesn't really work. Sometimes we're not meant to know and we need to trust Him and go with that.
      5. Are you allergic to anything (other than sugar)?
      ---Bee stings. I have to give myself an epi-pen shot if I get stung :(

      6. What is your favorite game?
      ---Capture The Flag

      7. Have you ever had stitches, a cast, etc. and if so why?
      ---The worst injury I ever had was getting bucked off a horse at a show and getting taken to the hospital in an ambulance with a sprained back and a sprained neck. Oh, and I did break my arm falling off once, too.

      8. Are you shy around new people or do you try to make them fit in - or a little bit of both?
      ---I am not shy :D I LOVE meeting new people and making new friends!

      9. What's your favorite color and has it always been the same?
      ---Always been royal/cobalt blue and always will be

      10. What is the most unusual thing about yourself that you can thing of?
      ---Oh boy. Mmmmmm...probably the fact that I am 6'2"

      11. Yikes! I'm running out of ideas!!! It was actually easier to think of my own then what to ask you - haha!!

      Last one: What is one thing that you are the most thankful for today?
      Our new baby horse!!!!!!!!!!! Just born at 11:30 this morning!!! Praise God!!

      This was fun! Thanks, girlfriend!!

      Lots of love,
      Lisa

      Delete