“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Aug 14, 2012

Fun In The Sun


When it's summer in Arizona, the thermometer reads 112.5 in the shade, and 124.9 in the sun. It did, yesterday.

When you get in your car, the steering wheel is so hot, you hope you can touch it long enough to control the car.

The only reasonable hours to work outside are before the sun comes up or after it goes down...and even then, it doesn't drop below 90.


You come in from working outside, expecting a nice cold shower...and all that exists is a nice lukewarm shower.


But....you have every excuse in the world to play in the WATER!!!!!


I'm working on different shutter speeds in my photography class right now, so these ones of Annie playing with the hose water were just perfect.


She found the smart way to survive outside right now!


 But, winter will come someday with it's own set of problems, too!! 


 Hope you're enjoying your summer!!


15 comments:

  1. Too cute! These pictures were perfect. What kind of camera do you have again? I don't know how to control my camera's shutter speed... or if I even can. But these pictures were something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By-the-way... Yuck to the weather! Just plain eeww! You want to come down to FL where it only gets to about 100 at the hottest? =)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Sadie! I have a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. On these shots, the lens I was using was a Tamron 70-300mm. Love it!

      *sigh* 100 degrees actually sounds lovely right now! But if I was moving, I don't think it would be to Florida....more likely Colorado or Montana. Actually, I've been hearing some pretty good things about Idaho, too.

      Delete
    3. Yeah...down here in Florida it is also HUMID...which makes heat more miserable than the dry heat of the West. I know...I've lived both places :) (Unless you are one of those strange persons who love humidity...:D)

      Delete
    4. Oh, yuck...I definitely don't like humidity :) We get it here in August a lot, but this year hasn't been to bad as far as that goes...just HOT.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lis... We do not miss those days at all. But come winter we will wish we were there!
    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. *ugh.. Can't type on a touch screen too well. =P
      Ps... Awesome awesome pics!

      Delete
    3. So we just need to all go live at your all's place in the summer and at our place in the winter!! :D

      Thank you and we miss you guys too sooo much!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Shall we try it???? It might be fun! Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on!! Winter's on it's way, so you all better start packin' :D

      Delete
  4. That looks like your dog had fun! My old dog was scared of water so we counldn't do that with her.
    God bless,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Annie knows what "scared" means :) She was having a ball.

      Delete
  5. Looks like our dog (Ruger)! He had so much fun in the water! I think I like the muddy one the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...Ruger... :P

      Labs and water are so inseparable!!! And so funny!

      Delete