“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Feb 13, 2014

A Beautiful Girl

Girls are an odd thing, you know. 

All of us love, just love, to be told we're beautiful....that what we're wearing is cute....that that color looks good on us. All of us want to be thought of as physically attractive.

But all of us, deep down, are mortally terrified of only  being loved for our mere physical appearance. 

The thing we long for, is one of the things we're most in dread of.

Girls.....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Don't ever doubt it. God made you exactly how He wanted to fulfill a very specific purpose He has for your life. He has a mission for you to perform, and you are created perfectly to do it. 


4 comments:

  1. Its so strange... I always want to be told a compliment to this effect, but I never believe it when I get one... I'm so weird. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is not so weird as you think. I have the advantage of many, many sisters, to know that they all have a desire to cherished for more than just what they look like. The problem in today's society, at least over here, is they never get complimented in those ways. They never get a passing, "You have a wonderful smile", or "You really blessed with with you cheerfulness this morning". It always is the physical side of things, "That is a nice dress", or "That blue looks very nice on you". Wherefore, when they do get a true compliment they don't know what to do with it, and as you said, don't believe it, think it's flattery. It probably doesn't help that I as their brother am always breathing down the any boys neck that comes within six feet of them, yes even from across the room, and yes even when I'm not present, ask, they'll tell you. I find though that when I show appreciation, for what I do indeed appreciate, it makes their day, lights their face up like the sky during the grand finale of a Fourth of July firework show. I don't do it very often do to my own sinful tendencies, but it always works.

      Delete
    2. Bushy......totally with ya!

      Jos......no need to ask. You are more than protective/possessive/watchful over us girls. Love ya :)

      But seriously, compliments are a hard thing. Especially between guys and girls. There's times when I'm not sure if a sincere compliment will come off as flirtatious....so I just stay quiet. Tough line!

      Kinda like hugs :D

      Delete