“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Feb 25, 2014

Overwhelmed


Does this ever happen to anyone else? Please tell me it does......where all those hundred and one little things you have to do come crashing down in one big pile and you feel like you'll never surface again. 

When the to-do list, the emotional chaos, and all the other problems in life combine and weigh on you like you're carrying a thousand pounds around in a backpack. 

And then............you get a paper cut. 


Just like the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, you start to cry, and then you cry...and cry....and cry. For, like......ever. And no one around seems to get it. "It's just a paper cut! You'll be okay." 

"IT'S NOT JUST THE PAPER CUT!" 

I've been living in a semi-constant state of overwhelmedness lately. It's not a fun place to be. And my worst problem is that I am terrified of causing any ripples in the water around me, so I never talk about my problems and struggles. Until they come to a head and I'm crying  sobbing over a paper cut. 

So friend, if you're like me, let's remember that God is bigger than our struggles. And when it feels like there's a thousand rocks crashing down on your head, just start taking them off.......one pebble at a time.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matt 6:34

4 comments:

  1. I'll be the first one to raise my hand up there with ya! I actually had this happen to me last week, too. Just sobbing over something that wasn't that big of a deal... but, we girls decided that sometimes we just need a good cry to get the emotions out, and then we're done (because I don't tend to cry very much anyway). =) But it is a good reminder that God is in control and we really don't have to worry. However, it's difficult to *really* trust Him and not want to keep some back from Him..... =P
    Thank you for sharing and know you're not alone! =) If it's alright, I'll be praying that God "overwhelms" you with His love and peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for the encouragement!!! And you're so right, when we are worrying and overwhelmed, it's a lack of trust in Him. Thank you, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. *hugs tight* Yes, I've been there too, Lisa. It can help to share the things that burden us with a mentor who can help us deal with the worry as well. Sometimes trusting God with our worries can also mean trusting Him enough to share them with another human being. :) Keeping looking up, hon! The most amazing thing about our awesome God is that He never leaves us in those places, but always brings us through, loving us the whole way. Keep learning to trust Him, He'll bring you through. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear friend. Your encouragement and support mean more than you know :)

      Delete